What brand is Zephyr?❓
Zephyr is a renowned brand in the kitchen appliance industry, particularly celebrated for its innovative and high-quality range of hoods. They manufacture a diverse range of products including under-cabinet, wall mount, island mount, and downdraft range hoods, aiming to suit various kitchen styles and functionalities. Zephyr’s range hoods are recognized for their modern design, powerful performance, and advanced technology, with features like touch controls, LED lighting, quiet operation, and efficient smoke and odor removal. The brand’s commitment to design and quality has made it a popular choice among consumers seeking a blend of aesthetics and functionality in their kitchen ventilation solutions.
Expert Choice of Zephyr Hood Range
Zephyr Range Hood Installation Manual🔨🔧
- Determine the distance from the top of the range to the bottom of the hood and mark this as line A. Make sure it is at least 26 inches.
- Find and mark the center line ensuring it’s perfectly vertical.
- Mark the height of the hood as line B. Depending on the model, this should be:
- ZAN: 18-7/16 inches from line A
- ZSA: 9-1/2 inches from line A
- ZRV: 15-7/8 inches from line A
- ZRO: 11-3/8 inches from line A
- Mark the mounting points from the center line on line B. Depending on the model, this should be:
- ZAN: 8-7/8 inches on line B
- ZSA: 9-7/8 inches on line B
- ZRV: 8-15/16 inches on line B
- ZRO: 12-5/8 inches on line B
- Insert two M6 x 1-1/2” screws into the wall studs along line B but do not fully tighten. If there are no studs, you may need to add wood blocking behind the drywall. Wall anchors can also be used, but ensure they comply with local codes as the hood’s weight needs to be adequately supported to prevent injury or damage.
- Take out the aluminum mesh filters from the hood.
- Position the hood onto the pre-installed screws and hand tighten each one (refer to Fig A).
- Align the duct cover mounting bracket to the wall just below the ceiling or soffit and attach it using two M6 x 1” screws.
- Install the necessary electrical wiring and ductwork. Use aluminum duct tape to seal the ductwork.
- Switch on the hood to check for any leaks around the duct tape.
- Mount the telescopic duct covers onto the hood and extend the top duct cover upwards. Secure it to the duct cover bracket with two M4 x 8 screws. Put the mesh filters back into place.
- For the ZRV model, lift the glass canopy and place it on the top of the hood body. Secure it by using four 3/16 x 1/4 screws and hand tighten them.